Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 09:52 PM   #1324 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
If you like or dislike a band then that is subjective, I know it's old, but I wont stop repeating it until you get it, if you don't like prog I could care less, but if you're telling me a band I like dosen't make good music because they're not balling all the time about how their parents wouldn't allow them to do everything they wanted, then I'm f*cking sorry, I'm going to call you out on it.
Any band that sings about dragons sucks.

Quote:
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Modest Mouse is better then any band you listen to.

Quote:
1. Indie is not a genre, that very statement has been driven into the ground. Unlike an actual genre, which is a category to define bands by a certain style and or origin, Indie is but a stupid/useless label used to promote Pitchforkmedia.com t-shirts, and nothing else.
2. Know the differences between genres and trends, I don't like to diss genres (I used to diss metal just to piss metalheads off, but I actually do like a lot of metal), trends however I am not at all above making fun of. While I do understand that genres are usually accompanied by trends, but in this case the Indie trend has no actual genre of music accompanying it, it's all Image.
LAWL ITS A CATERGORY IN MUSIC BUT NOT A GENRE!11 Dude bust out some more contradictions plz.

Quote:
I've never said all music should be 12 minute epics with synthesizer guitar solos by Adrian Belew, wise up.
But you implied it.

Quote:
Not at all. If a robot can emulate Paganini, it can emulate anything, it should have no problem playing pop/rock music.
A robot can show no emotion, so of course it can play prog perfectly. Any other genre? Probably not.

Quote:
Who makes better music is subjective. I don't like to compare prog and punk since I love both, thing is I don't compare KC to a bunch of punk bands and say they are better then them, sure I may say they are more talented instrumentalists, but thats just stating a fact, I think you're just looking for a fight.
But if its a genre you don't like then compare away!

Quote:
And me dissing Indie is closed minded.

You know how many genres of music there are where technical skill is important? And you're gonna mouth off at me for poking fun at a nonexistant genre? I can't believe you.
You fail, you said indie was a catergory in music which it was a genre is.