Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 10:06 PM   #1327 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
Int - Progressive rock albums, you've been delving into?

Jonny Greenwood - Yeah I try to, all of them are awful unfortunately. I keep asking people, and keep getting recommendations for stuff but, I'm still looking. I'm just prepared to accept that there's good music in everything, except possibly, march band music, but there's basically good forms of everything. Like country and western I once decided was all terrible, and then I found these early songs from the 40s and 50s that are basically all about cocaine and women and people dying and very grim and hard core, and some of the music is great. So, I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Int - So what's it like when people say OK Computer is a progressive rock album?

JG - I don't really care what people say, very much. Progressive rock, I don't think so. If you mean it's a progression, I think The Pixies are a progression, in this kind of music, but that doesn't really mean that they sound like Genesis.

[Plays Genesis song from which the mellotron part in Exit Music comes from]
Int - It's got a lot of the same sounds and instruments that progressive rock can...

JG - [interrupting] Yeah, we stole instruments and textures, but we just don't sing about unicorns and wander off for twenty minutes on each song. If we can find new colours in records, we'll take them.
You know, according to Lemmy Kilmister, Motorhead aren't a metal band.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.