Music Banter - View Single Post - Your 4 Favorite Albums By Legendary Bands.
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #37 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

But when people come on here and start calling somebody lame because they enjoy Metallica or RHCP b/c and stuff, that kinda bs actually makes me stop wanting to post here sometimes. You coming on here as mod and calling them mindless parrots is even worse. Because they like something that many other people like- they are automatons? What kind of musical environment are you promoting here? To me it seems like unless you are a staunch indie loving, brit pop worshiping - people don't respect you here.

I've seen people come on here and maybe their favorite album is AC/DC's Back in Black and then they are immediately bombarded by INSULTS! They "don't know anything about -muuussiiic-" I try to hold my tongue a lot but it really has gotten out of hand. What happens is that you create a certain I'm better than you because I listen to <enter awesome band here> community. That sucks.

Sorry I ranted.
But i'm not saying that though If people want to listen to Metallica or RHCP then it doesn't bother me , they can listen to whatever they like. All i'm saying is that snobbery comes from both camps. You mentioned snobbery in indie fans I was just re-addressing the balance. I don't dislike classic bands , i'm simply bored of being told how great they are over & over again. This is after all a forum for discussion , I don't criticise people for the bands they listen to , I just criticise the bands they listen to.Hell I even criticise bands I enjoy. And most of the hostility I have come across comes from classic rock fans who churn out the same 'You can't say that , it's a classic' mantra or words to that effect.
Indie fans are nowhere near as bad as that because if you say that you hate a band they like 2 months later they'll agree with you.

This isn't me labelling people , just observations I have made.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote