Music Banter - View Single Post - Selling Out
Thread: Selling Out
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 01:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
I actually liked "Sowing Seeds" by Brand New for a week (14023948 plays), along with "Sugar, We're Going Down" by Fall Out Boy.

Anyway, how is it the point of bands that make good music to "sell-out big time"?
If a band is great and releases a great album that gets put all over the radio, then fine, but if that band capitalizes on their stroke of good fortune by posting themselves all over television, stores, video games, lunch boxes, then that would get annoying.

In my personal opinion: Music should be made as a gift for the ears of others, an entity of raw humanity developed solely for the speculation of listeners, free from any motive other than expression of emotion or pursuit of happiness, not made to sound any one way from pressure to become another "best selling" stat in a lame book summarizing the last decade.
the song is called Sowing Season.

I also don't know why Brand New were brought up in this thread, its obvious they aren't in it for the money. They seem to have progressed farther and farther from their original easy to market sound with each album.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote