Music Banter - View Single Post - capitalism: why so anti?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 11:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Trauma
snickers

Independent enterprise is indeed Capitalism, however, I'm sure most "punks" are rebelling against the idea of Capitalism being exploited by individuals getting lucky and building a wealth so great as to lessen the lives of others around them.

As Crowquill said, a lot of "punks" probably have anti-Capitalist mission statements because they get sucked into the average ideas of all punk bands, which is mostly hating the system.

Typically, the system is Capitalism.

No practice of government is flawed.
In practice, humans are flawed, and in turn, make the otherwise "good on paper" ideas tainted.

Picking up on Catie's idea, if in fact the system is inherently flawed because of humans, then Capitalism, Communism,etc. would have been flawed the moments they were conceived.

My theory is that humanity copes with everything being flawed since humanity itself is flawed.
Thus, you can't look at something with moral and say, "This is flawed", because you are inherently flawed.
I guess it's an extrapolation of what Catie was saying.

If you want to put the idea of imperfection in context, then I would say that Capitalism, Communism, Anarchism,etc. work fine given the base idea of humanity; no government is corrupt, nor the ideas on paper tarnished.
What makes any form of government seem inherently fractured is the fact that there are always different components of any society judging their government on terms of disagreement or agreement based on how their individual lives are affected or effected.
People may disagree with the principles of a particular government based on their living standard, morals, personal experience, or perception of reality.

No entire collection of people living in a unified society at any one moment can be truly happy, or completely agree with the pretext that their lives fall under, for that would be a utopia.

"Ce n'est rien. J'y suis. J'y suis toujours." from "Qu'est-ce pour nous, mon coeur" by Arthur Rimbaud effectively articulates what I'm trying to say.