Music Banter - View Single Post - capitalism: why so anti?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 08:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Alexander the Grape
Un****withable

None.

Actually, I believe a lot of the old punk bands were on major labels. I think they were able to work with that since that was the dawn of punk. I'm hoping to god that Against Me! keeps their values with their next album (on Sire), but since Searching For a Former Clarity was pretty mediocre, I doubt it. Old AM! still means so much to me.

I love how political punk bands (like Anti-Flag, kindof) claim that by signing to a major lable they will be able to get their message out to a greater audience. Bull****. Theres this cowboy kid in my school who is a huge homophobe, sexist, hunter, etc. and I see him where a Rise Against shirt all the time. I keep thinking of going up to him and telling him that they stand for everything he hates. I would if I was a little more of an *******. With Siren Song Rise Against kept things pretty real, but I haven't heard their new cd.

Oh, Jawbreaker. I think Dear You is great. It sounds like Jawbreaker, there's no noticeable major label influence, which is probably why is sold so poorly.
Alexander the Grape is offline   Reply With Quote