Music Banter - View Single Post - I Want A Mohawk But My Mom Wont Let Me Get One
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
cardboard adolescent
;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian Logic View Post
actually there are a whole lot lawsuits dealing with this type of thing, because unless things like Mohawks and dress are specifically addressed in the contract between employer and employee the employer can not discriminate on appearance and can be found guilty of discrimination and can go to court. In the case that there is a clause in the contract pertaining to hairstyles/clothing there had to be a justifiable reason that the certain hairstyles/clothing is not permitted within the employers business (i.e. uniform).

If employer is found to unlawfully discriminating against employees right of expression he is liable to be sued and will probably not win the lawsuit (it depends on what state you reside in).

^Above mainly pertains to publicly traded businesses, private businesses can actually get around the law a bit more
Note the use of "employer" and "employee," where the point ethan was making was that they wouldn't hire you in the first place.