Music Banter - View Single Post - capitalism: why so anti?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 11:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Trauma
snickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Nite_Dinah View Post
there is NO ultimate goal in capitalism other than to aquire capital for ones self.
All Nite Dinah, I agree with most everything you said, even though if we were to meet you'd most certainly view me as a hypocrite.

What I quoted by you, that thought has crossed my mind for years and years on end, and although I'd like to be more knowledgeable in political and economic theory (maybe to be able to quote, maybe to name a squat that occurred, I'm not sure), it pains me just sitting around.

Like you said, change is present "under our noses", that statement alone make me frustrated, because I feel so damn trapped when I'm too scared to organize something, protest something I see as wrong, or when I'm just too lazy to conceive ways to act on my disapproval of some majority policy at all.

It's easy to live in a first world country and have "leftist" theories, all the while sitting in an air-conditioned house, eating food from the supermarket, reading about impoverished Brazilian natives or starving, diseased Africans, but not taking a stand.

Not knowing how to start or being scared makes me angry, and I've done only extremely minor volunteerism, which doesn't come close to the amount of work that could be done for less fortunate individuals or areas being demolished by the ignorant mechanized strive for capital made by (as you said) American business people living in a post industrialized society.

I'm positive that if I knew you I would look up to you like some sort of hero (because you've always seemed to know what you're talking about), but I don't, and I guess it's just extremely refreshing to read something like that, I only wish I'd read or be a witness to conceptions like that more often.

By the way, I'm glad you posted, this is your first post in a year or something.
Do it more often!