Music Banter - View Single Post - capitalism: why so anti?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
Trauma
snickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Nite_Dinah View Post
Anarcho Syndicalism by Rudolpf Rocker for anarchist(Krpotkin and rocker anre anarcho syndicalists) thought.

If you feel like you are pissed off and want to do something about it the best thing you can do is get educated. Learn as much as you can so that when someone comes spouting lies you can rebut them. That and quit living your life for some phony ideal of a house and a little house wife and two cars and a dog named spot. That has never been reality. Capitalism only truely worked for about 20 years following WWII, and even then people watched Leave it to Beaver and wondered why their lives wern't like that. Live your life for you not some silly capitalist. Buy less, work less, spend more time doing things you want, develop a way to make money without working, quit the system, and continue to agitate by going to protests and doing anything you can. There is alot that we can do once we start living or lives for ourselves. You can call me an idealist, but I'll call you jaded and boring.
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josemaki View Post
Trauma, often I felt like you, I don't want to sound patronizing because for what I've read you seem a very intelligent person... but I would say don't worry about what you can't do right now, do whatever it's in your hand, opportunities to "do something" always arise and life is very long... and don't feel ashamed for what you have, just value it more deeply and share whenever you can.

Not being a fascist jerk is enough to me, unfortunately the world is still full of fools. I believe small changes end up adding to revolutionary changes.

And most important, enjoy whatever you do without fear (some jokingly define a fascist as a scared bourgois).

Sorry for the telegram style post
You don't sound condescending.
It's true I worry sometimes about what I can't do, but even more so I frustrate myself by avoiding oppurtunities that present themselves to me on a daily basis.
Where you might have misinterpreted my argument is telling me to not be ashamed, because I am in no way ashamed of where I'm at right now in life.
Every consecutive decision you make in life adds up to the end (I'm not saying that life is necessarily just a summation) and you're given a base to start at in the beginning of the math problem.
Just because I wasn't born a bedouin in the deserts of Africa as opposed to a middle-class white kid in Canada doesn't mean I'm ashamed of what I have.
It just means I would like to give more to the less fortunate individuals in the world.
And it frustrates me on such a cosmic scale I think, just because there are so many billions of people who are less fortunate than me, and I have every oppurtunity to give to them things I have to give.
You're theory about minor changes in lifestyle leading to revolution through majority is completely true.
To the ending sentences of your post; of course I'm going to enjoy whatever I do without fear, life only comes around one time (and your remark about fascists made me laugh).