Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you into films as much as you are into music?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #48 (permalink)
cardboard adolescent
;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopIsDead View Post
I really like Darren Aronofsky as well, but I saw the Fountain a few weeks ago, and I didn't really dig it too much. Although I really like his other two movies a lot. Everybody should challenge themselves by watching Requiem For A Dream three times in a row.

Anyway, I also really liked Waking Life and have been meaning to see A Scanner Darkly, but I've heard that Keanu Reeves almost ruins the movie. I think the only characters he can play well is clueless characters like Neo in the first Matrix. Have you seen him in Thumbsucker? It's a great movie, but goddamn, he sucks at playing a crazy hippie/pseudo-shrink/dentist.
You liked Waking Life? And you didn't like The Fountain? :/

I just saw The Fountain last night and I thought it was very very good... and I wasn't even under the influence. I also saw Tideland last week or so and that was a very good movie as well... very disturbing but unique. The only criticism I have of it is Terry Gilliam's pretentious intro... oh well.
cardboard adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote