Music Banter - View Single Post - Sex Offender in MY Neighbourhood
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 AM   #42 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01 View Post
Well, it's not like I'd do this to someone who didn't deserve it. That's what separates me from them; while they hurt others to satisfy themselves, I would hurt them to achieve a universal balance. Karmic justice.

Should we have spared people like Hitler, Mussolini, or Saddam just to uphold some moral standard? Or what about some people who weren't as significant as these dictators, like Tsutomu Miyazaki (The otaku killer), Seung-Hui Cho, or Nathan Gale? Should all of them been spared for the sake of being "civilized?"
You're making it sound like I propose we tell them that was bad and then let them go back into society, thats not what i'm saying at all. Karmic justice is bullshit, actual justice is better.

Its not justice to cruelly torture someone for their crimes, besides who decides how deserving a crime is? If you steal do we cut your hand off? If you rape do you proceed to cut off your genitals and then leave you to be publically stoned? Or leave you to the dogs? Is it going to be you to decide who deserves what punishment? That sounds like a fantastic form a goverment.

I would have added more, but I feel like talking to my girlfriend so i'm going to split.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote