Music Banter - View Single Post - Literal Interpretation of the Bible.
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 07:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman Johnny View Post
The bible is based off the teachings and parables preached by Jesus Christ.
Yeah I forgot about Adam, Jesus and Eve.

Quote:
No one is suggesting that it is God's word, mainly due to the fact that almost all of it is up to an individual's interperetation.
Are you serious? I hear the bible is God's word all the time, just go to any church and ask what it is and they'll probably say God's word. I don't think its God's word because alot of it our stories that are in relation to him to focus on other people, but plenty of people still suggest and say it is.

Quote:
The stories and fables accounted in the Bible are moral messages intended to influence people to live a good life. What does it matter that God doesn't come down and tell you these things?
The entire basis of the christian religion is they were saved because jesus died for their sins and that enabled them to go to heaven, thats not just some pick me up to influence people to lead a good life or guilt them into it. A christian would have to have complete faith in that and believe its more than just a 'moral message.' Before you talk about the bible, maybe you should get your shit straight.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote