Music Banter - View Single Post - Top-50 All-time (Rough Draft)
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #46 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Hey boo boo,

As for as you saying those bands are ranked where they are because of my personal taste, you are correct with the exception of those from 51 on. 51-100 is just in random order as other bands I am considering. Still I think strong arguments can be made for the positions I put a lot of bands them in. For example:

Metallica has 100 million records sold from 11 platinum albums and has won 7 Grammys. Few if any bands of the last 25 years can rival that roster; in addition they were groundbreaking in their genre and still make music (though poorly imo) today. I hardly think 17 is too high.

Similar argument for #15 Green Day. Since 1993 they have been the most recognizable punk rock & roll band in the world and have garnered numerous awards including for the most recent and excellent Rock Opera style American Idiot album which was the most popular and among the best of the year.

Incubus is an excellent band but I few their albums are getting progressively worse. I don't even have a single song on my I pod from their latest effort. Still Science is outstanding and on the whole I can listen to each album end to end without skipping a track.

Do have any suggestions for other criteria. I of course realize all criteria are flawed that's why I want to have several so that the margin of error is reduced. The list is a work in progress, thanks for your insight and please continue to opine.
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote