Music Banter - View Single Post - Five Albums that changed Music for you
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 06:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

My list will look weird, but they're the albums that pretty much helped shape my taste and not necessarily ones I consider good.

5. Napalm Death - Scum

This album single handedly got me into grind which later got me into punk. If not for Napalm Death I would've never heard Velvet Underground, Droog, Dead Kennedys, or anything remotely punk really.

4. Death - Symbolic

Showed me how beautiful death metal could be. I discovered it at a time when I considered any music with harsh vocals to be obnoxious but I was also young, dumb, and uneducated about metal. This album had a good enough sense of melody to change my opinion on it.

3. Front 242 - Tragedy For You

My friend had me listen to this. I learned that not all electronica was cheap rave music.

2. Blue Oyster Cult - Fire Of Unknown Origin

This doesn't need explanation, it just is. This album should pretty much define all tastes.

1. Stabbing Westward - Darkest Days

By far not the best album on the list however the most influential on my personal tastes. Everyone has that one album or band that simply makes something that a youth can't comprehend so he goes and searches because of it. This was it for me. This album literally got me into looking for other music actively. If not for this album I'd be some hairy glam ***got.

Last edited by The Unfan; 08-01-2007 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Me dumb
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote