Music Banter - View Single Post - Top-50 All-time (Rough Draft)
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 01:28 AM   #223 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

No it's not arguable that Zeppelin belongs in the top 10.

Not a Rock and Roller alive would ever exclude them. 30 years of going to shows, buying LPs, touring with bands and nothing compares to the Zeppelin experience. A lot of the other bands run together and whatever band is found the freshest corner of my fragile decaying mind holds the most resonance. The spot Zeppelin carved out never dulls. The Beatles are the superior band by all but one criteria and that is the fact that Zeppelin shaped my music life like no other. They were everything I wanted to be and sound like and today their music still gives me goosebumps the second I hear it. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, that's not the point of a list like this. I want my grandkids to read my articles and lists as my legacy along with the stories my kids tell. I want help from people who share a passion for Music to remind me of what I may have forgotten. Listening to people try to win arguments with arbitrary opinions passed on as fact is not worth the expectorate it propels. Music is pure and unique for each who experiences it, once you see that you'll really start to enjoy it!!!
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote