Music Banter - View Single Post - Top-50 All-time (Rough Draft)
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 05:27 AM   #225 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

I think there's a perfectly good case for Black Sabbath being ahead of Led Zeppelin.

Led Zeppelin's influence in rock music basically died out around 1990 and I don't hear too many bands doing that sort of thing now. Whereas with Sabbath there are hundreds of bands making music who still take the basic blueprint for what they did and add their own slant to it.
So Led Zeppelin got the commerical success , well whoopie **** , Duran Duran got that in the 80s , Bush got that in the 90s , Coldplay got that in the 00's , it doesn't really count for anything at the end of the day.

And as I have always said in any thread about Led Zeppelin , for a band that obviously has some of the most talented musicians around at the time it's kind of sad they only came out with (For the most part) one dimensional cock rock or boring blues standards with Plant yelping all over them. They even refused to let the most musically accomplished member of the band do anything of note until their last album where the rest of them had stopped even bothering.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote