Music Banter - View Single Post - Top-50 All-time (Rough Draft)
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #236 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHDTV View Post
How the hell is Jimmy Page arguably the best? Not even close. Top 15, maybe top 10 at best. Who cares what VH thinks. I think they deserve credit for their musical diversity, even though they weren't very good at anything besides hard rock.

@Crowquill I know it's held in high esteem but I've just never gotten into it.
MHDTV, you must be a teenager...

Don';t get me wrong I like you value your opinion and respect it, but yikes!

The VH1 list was compiled by over 100 of Music most popular and influential living artists, so I'd say it has credence.

He is arguably the best because he is in the top five on almost ever list you'll ever see. Including the personal lists of both Eric Clapton and B.B King. He was named guitar player of the year something like six straight years.l The Yardbirds claimed he was far and away their best guitar player (Clapton and Jeff Beck were the other two) and as I cited with two brief examples next to Hendrix his influence on Rock and Roll guitar players is the most notable ever.

And if you think they weren't good at anything but hard rock, well your just wrong, even if it is an opinion. Their Blues impact is amazing, and Led Zeppelin III is a very strong folk rock inspired album. Great songs, great respect for the classics, I'm blowing hard now so I'll drop it, but you get the point.
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote