Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Iraq War thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #160 (permalink)
Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01
#1 Schuldinist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i get high sometimes View Post
I think you are engaged in a severe case of blaming the victim. You classify the poor as 'lazy' as 'welps' as 'poor excuses for vermin' and as 'sh*theads'. If those statements aren't the textbook definition of ignorance and conservative class-ideology, then I don't know what is. Your analogy is fatally flawed in that, while in your scenario the poor man is poor voluntarily, through his unwillingness to recieve education, his unwillingness to get a job, you are completely out of touch with the reality of the situtation. Not suprising from you, but nonetheless.

The poor are not poor out of laziness. Repression and economic slavery keep them subservient to a system that systematically exploits them. Public education in rural and ghetto areas is the worst you can get. The poor obviously don't have access to private educations, so they are stuck with horrendous public education that does nothing but discourage them. What do history teachers teach you? That rich white men control the country. Whether consciously or subconsciously, ideas like this discourage children in poor areas. Children who have seen what their parents lives have become, nothing. Poverty could almost be classified as a genetic disease. It is difficult to escape the ghetto. You are put into a situation where white contractors construct gun store after liquor store after gun store in your neighborhood. The teachers in your school are under payed and consequentially have very little desire to raise the bar on their education standards. School is uninteresting and unnecessary, so they drop out. It is a cycle that isn't as easily broken as you make it sound. Of course, you are almost certainly a middle-class to upper middle class white boy who is incapable of sympathizing with those less fortunate because you are bred with this hateful ideology that leads you to characterize the poverty stricken as sh*theads on internet forums. You are a disgrace.
That all just means that they have to work harder. Willpower is everything.

People let themselves be discouraged, consciously or not. It's their fault for not having the motivation to be great. Poverty is an obstacle they will have to overcome, and if they do, they become better stronger people.

And no, I don't classify the poor as ****heads. I classify the poor who choose to live like that when they can fight back and beat the system as ****heads.

And before this comes up, I am not boasting. I grew up with an easy life. I grew up with practically everything handed to me. I was spoiled. I'm weak. I'm just as weak as the people I hate.
And taste a memory
Of a time in life
When years seemed to stand still
Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01 is offline   Reply With Quote