Music Banter - View Single Post - Sex, God, David Blane and other fun stuff...
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #75 (permalink)
i get high sometimes
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd85 View Post
this is after you tell me that i use god to fill gaps, when in no way shape or form have i ever done such a thing. seems a bit hipocritical.

besides you telling me im foolish for doing something you in fact yourself did first....

here is what i said previously "so IF he does exist or IF he doesn't, we have no real way of knowing or proving it... so there is no point in arguing it either way"

here is what you said "lack of disproof is not evidence of proof"

people like you just want something to argue about...
When I made the statement about you saying "we think we can make bold statements like Unicorns are/aren't real", I copy/pasted your exact words, and switched Unicorn with God. Those are your exact words, and if you are going to apply them to God, then, following your logic, it must be applied to all things which science cannot disprove, which includes all of the aforesaid things, Unicorns, Goblins, trolls, etc. Why can't you say that it is futile to argue the existance of goblins? Will you say that? You do see that your logic only leads me to that argument right? Which is a completely valid one. The fact that you cannot disprove it does not mean that the notion that he is real or unreal are equally unsupported.

So unless you can honestly come out and say that it is pointless to argue the existance of goblins, trolls, mermaids, the flying spaghetti monster, and unicorns, your point has been pretty much beaten. You can't even hold up to your own logic. You want to derail this by calling me a hipocrite. Stick with the argument. When I attributed beliefs to you which you didn't hold, you said you didn't hold them. I did the same with you. That is over, you mentioning that sidetracks this argument which you cannot win, unless you bring yourself to say what I have stated earlier.
i get high sometimes is offline   Reply With Quote