Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Nirvana/Kurt Cobain Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #1817 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlisishott View Post
I do not care if Cobain was, I am not.
Yeah, but still hair metal was on its way out. You can't carry on a self-destructive attitude for a decade. I think Nirvana are given too much credit with 'killing' hair metal. Anyway saying Nirvana killed 80s music is ridiculous, didn't Use Your Illusion come out in the 90s?

Quote:
I did not contradict myself. I said "I don't know many people who are fans of the original grunge sound who like Nickelback (I know I don't)". Then I said I hated post-grunge, then I said I hated Nickelback again. Where are you getting this contradiction?
I misread your post actually. Anyway, I know several post-grunge fans who are fans of grunge, and vice versa. Except for the grunge elitists most like both because they sound the same, one just came later.

Quote:
Your right on that, I wasn't arguing. I was curious because my station never plays any .
Yeah Nirvana gets played to death here where I live, even on the classic rock stations.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote