Music Banter - View Single Post - The Indie Education Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 10:54 PM   #132 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dave View Post
The Clash? Jimi Hendrix?- pop and funk? Either who, that's not many people, especially the current ones, Gnarls Barkley, Prince, RHCP (Not counting Joss because her music is more soulful than anything), and RHCP is kinda fading away from that sound a bit.

I honestly don't listen to a single thing that would play on BET to know about that.
Ever heard Rock the Casbah? Crosstown Traffic? Yeah and its not many people, because I don't listen to funk so naturally I couldn't say much about it. But even listing one other than Maroon 5 proves the point wrong and listing predecessors only makes it more apparent their unoriginal. But you can keep arguing about how original they are, it only takes one band doing it before them to prove that wrong.

I thinks it's ridiculous you said anything at all he said "You do mean 'original' for a pop band i assume? Because that may be a near valid comment." You said "Pop and funk isn't something that many people have experimented with, especially currently." wheres the disagreement? Oh wait! There isn't one, this is just a classic case of senior member cock sucking and new member bullying. Dead was right, you guys were wrong. End of story.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote