Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 10:46 PM   #131 (permalink)
Me and The Major
 
The Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,830
Default

The Clash? Jimi Hendrix?- pop and funk? Either who, that's not many people, especially the current ones, Gnarls Barkley, Prince, RHCP (Not counting Joss because her music is more soulful than anything), and RHCP is kinda fading away from that sound a bit.

I honestly don't listen to a single thing that would play on BET to know about that.
The Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:54 PM   #132 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dave View Post
The Clash? Jimi Hendrix?- pop and funk? Either who, that's not many people, especially the current ones, Gnarls Barkley, Prince, RHCP (Not counting Joss because her music is more soulful than anything), and RHCP is kinda fading away from that sound a bit.

I honestly don't listen to a single thing that would play on BET to know about that.
Ever heard Rock the Casbah? Crosstown Traffic? Yeah and its not many people, because I don't listen to funk so naturally I couldn't say much about it. But even listing one other than Maroon 5 proves the point wrong and listing predecessors only makes it more apparent their unoriginal. But you can keep arguing about how original they are, it only takes one band doing it before them to prove that wrong.

I thinks it's ridiculous you said anything at all he said "You do mean 'original' for a pop band i assume? Because that may be a near valid comment." You said "Pop and funk isn't something that many people have experimented with, especially currently." wheres the disagreement? Oh wait! There isn't one, this is just a classic case of senior member cock sucking and new member bullying. Dead was right, you guys were wrong. End of story.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #133 (permalink)
Me and The Major
 
The Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,830
Default

Oh yes, because I was all like, "zomg, low post count must attack!" You've done the same damn thing yourself, even to me a few months back in that PATD thread, so I don't care to hear **** from you on that.

But again, I said, "Pop and funk isn't something that many people have experimented with, especially currently."

Notice how I bolded many, does that make it easier? You named a few, I could only think of a few, therefore it hasn't been done by MANY before.
The Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #134 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Haha, regardless of what I did it doesn't change the fact there was zero disagreements between your original point and his and you went after him anyway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:32 AM   #135 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Guelph, Canada
Posts: 84
Default

what a great thread, ive been kinda bored with my music collection lately, i think you have fixed that...
imdesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:40 PM   #136 (permalink)
Me and The Major
 
The Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Haha, regardless of what I did it doesn't change the fact there was zero disagreements between your original point and his and you went after him anyway.
[guy I was arguing with]Hey why be so aggressive?
Any genre? i don't think you really mean that, do you? I know you don't because that's just impossible.

I'd say that Red Hot Chili Peppers is a better 'mainstream' (if you want to call it that) funk influenced band. They define the genre for me.
Rofl, the Chili Peppers suck, so boring, especially their new stuff.[/guy]

Then, my firs tpost in the argument, and I fail to see how it isn't exactly in the same context as the point he was arguing:

And how is it impossible that they're original, you're not backing your statements, you're just stating your ignorant opinion.

Pop and funk isn't something that many people have experimented with, especially currently.
The Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #137 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Okay that post made no sense whatsoever...Especially since it was you that said "Rofl, the Chili Peppers suck, so boring, especially their new stuff." not him.

I fail to see how ProggyMan was being a shining example of intelligence, when all he said was you're wrong you're arrogant and dismissive. They were arguing with the exact same backing but at least dead was nice about his opinion unlike ProggyMan.

Maroon 5 are not original, just because there isn't 100 bands doing the same thing doesn't mean they're original, if there is one band that did it before them it makes them unoriginal. There were several before them doing the same thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #138 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dave View Post
The Clash? pop and funk?
I'm guessing you've not heard the Sandinista album
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:31 PM   #139 (permalink)
Me and The Major
 
The Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I'm guessing you've not heard the Sandinista album
I actually haven't, but need to.

And at Ethan, sorry I put the damn box one line lower, excuse me. But as for your originality rant, I then fail to see how almost any band currently making music could be original then. The whole rock thing, it's been done before, metal, done before, punk, done before, hell, Elliott Smith isn't even original then, nor is Patrick Wolf.
The Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #140 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dave View Post
I actually haven't, but need to.

And at Ethan, sorry I put the damn box one line lower, excuse me. But as for your originality rant, I then fail to see how almost any band currently making music could be original then. The whole rock thing, it's been done before, metal, done before, punk, done before, hell, Elliott Smith isn't even original then, nor is Patrick Wolf.
Lol, with the exception of his later stuff like King's Crossing i've never argued Elliott Smith to be original and quite a bit of Patrick Wolfs material on Lycanthropy is original. I don't know why you're bringing them up, they aren't relevant to the argument. I wouldn't compare two multi-instrumentalist singer/songwriters who for the most part did everything themselves to some made for the radio pop band.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.