Music Banter - View Single Post - How Much Do You Hate Dream Theater?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 09:55 AM   #70 (permalink)
Carm.bono
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
I can say they fail because, I know this may be difficult for you to comprehend, but your opinion...is not any kind of objective truth! =O

Being technically proficient does not make you a good musician, as far as I'm concerned. I'd much rather listen to, say, Kurt Cobain play guitar than listen to John Petrucci play guitar. John's obviously very technically skilled, but he's boring to listen to. I have yet to hear one Dream Theater song that was memorable at all (and I have listened to three or four of their albums, and watched a few videos on YouTube).

So, in short:

- Technical proficiency does not make you a good musician.
- A band's technical proficiency does not automatically make them enjoyable to watch.

As a result...

Dream Theater fails on both counts.
LOL!!! Buddy are you joking? Are you really going to pull the KC special? Like come on they have been gone for how long now? and the only reason every one loves Kurt so much is because he died at the peak of his career i guarentee if he were still around he would end up just like elvis or some of the great guitarists that were good but after time just lose teh spark...Like don't be ripping on the guy cause he's got good taste in talent