Music Banter - View Single Post - Tool - 10,000 Days
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #94 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Would you explain how me giving points as to why the song isn't filler, is not backing up my musical argument?
Are you braindead, or what? Try reading what I posted before you ever even posted in the thread.
I made my argument on this song, right there. If I need to repost, I will.
You posted the lyrics and said that is the reason the song isn't a filler because the lyrics are so meaningful.

"To say Right In Two is filler, shows that you've got absolutely no clue.
It's perhaps the most meaningful song on the cd, save Vicarious.
The lyrics speak for themselves."

To which I replied: "Lyrics don't save a song, it doesn't take a fan to realize that. When someone calls something filler you can go on about it being unique and fans liking it or whatever that's valid, going "it has good lyrics!11" doesn't change anything, especially when the lyrics really aren't that good."

That is countering your logic in saying it isn't filler.

"The lyrics are banal, comparing man to monkey is extremely cliche. Maynard isn't a good lyricist, Tool fanboys go on and on about how he's amazing but he's really not, he's completely average, that song is no exception. I can think of several songs about war that are way better written then that. Your Revolution is a Joke is a fairly recent one by a mediocre band (Funeral for a Friend) and even THEY do better."

And that is countering how 'good' the lyrics themselves are.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote