Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Album Reviews
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #91 (permalink)
Ace
Ad Astra
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 730
Default

Once again, I said now that you've explained why you felt it filler, that is all ****in' fine and dandy. And once again, I will say, YOU SHOULD HAVE ****IN' SAID IT IN THE FIRST POST. Did you get that?
But no really, answer me. Why bother posting here to begin with? You haven't bothered posting in this over a year old thread yet, and when you did, it was just to knock the band without providing any reason as to why. (Which you did later, and quite well I might add, so let's both drop the ****.) It is getting quite old.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I think I know much better than you ever will how Mettalica is. I used to play for 2 years in a Mettalica cover band.



Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:07 PM   #92 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Once again, I said now that you've explained why you felt it filler, that is all ****in' fine and dandy. And once again, I will say, YOU SHOULD HAVE ****IN' SAID IT IN THE FIRST POST. Did you get that?
But no really, answer me. Why bother posting here to begin with? You haven't bothered posting in this over a year old thread yet, and when you did, it was just to knock the band without providing any reason as to why. (Which you did later, and quite well I might add, so let's both drop the ****.) It is getting quite old.
Because I am bored and when I am bored I look to debate music, this is a music forum if you don't want people posting in certain threads make a private forum. I expanded on my points and explained them, you didn't even bother replying to them you just went on and on about the same thing. You're the reason this is 'getting quite old' because you're the one who kept debating it for three pages now even when I tried to turn it back to music and back to my posts, which I'm still trying to do and you're still avoiding doing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:10 PM   #93 (permalink)
Ace
Ad Astra
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 730
Default

Would you explain how me giving points as to why the song isn't filler, is not backing up my musical argument?
Are you braindead, or what? Try reading what I posted before you ever even posted in the thread.
I made my argument on this song, right there. If I need to repost, I will.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
To say Right In Two is filler, shows that you've got absolutely no clue.
It's perhaps the most meaningful song on the cd, save Vicarious.
The lyrics speak for themselves.

"Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused
Father blessed them all with reason
And this is what they choose
Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground

Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They forge a blade, and where there's one
They're bound to divide it,
Right in two"


"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
They make a club and beat their brother down
How they survive so misguided is a mystery"

Seriously, you call this filler?

As far as the music itself, it provides a fantastic mood for the lyrics.
There is my argument for the song, once again, re-presented.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I think I know much better than you ever will how Mettalica is. I used to play for 2 years in a Mettalica cover band.



Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #94 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Would you explain how me giving points as to why the song isn't filler, is not backing up my musical argument?
Are you braindead, or what? Try reading what I posted before you ever even posted in the thread.
I made my argument on this song, right there. If I need to repost, I will.
You posted the lyrics and said that is the reason the song isn't a filler because the lyrics are so meaningful.

"To say Right In Two is filler, shows that you've got absolutely no clue.
It's perhaps the most meaningful song on the cd, save Vicarious.
The lyrics speak for themselves."

To which I replied: "Lyrics don't save a song, it doesn't take a fan to realize that. When someone calls something filler you can go on about it being unique and fans liking it or whatever that's valid, going "it has good lyrics!11" doesn't change anything, especially when the lyrics really aren't that good."

That is countering your logic in saying it isn't filler.

"The lyrics are banal, comparing man to monkey is extremely cliche. Maynard isn't a good lyricist, Tool fanboys go on and on about how he's amazing but he's really not, he's completely average, that song is no exception. I can think of several songs about war that are way better written then that. Your Revolution is a Joke is a fairly recent one by a mediocre band (Funeral for a Friend) and even THEY do better."

And that is countering how 'good' the lyrics themselves are.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #95 (permalink)
Lvl 70 Troll Hunter
 
tkpb938's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny Phoenix
Posts: 482
Default

Tool is amazing. They're one of the few bands left whose greatest asset is subtlety...

BTW Crowquill I would prefer that you say in my opinion rather than simply stating what you think is a "fact".

It is your opinion that maynard is a terrible lyricist, and you are entitled to that. However, my opinion is of the contrary and since music is gray area no one can simply state one thing is better than another.

Last edited by tkpb938; 12-17-2007 at 10:21 PM.
tkpb938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #96 (permalink)
Ace
Ad Astra
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 730
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkpb938 View Post
Tool is amazing. They're one of the few bands left whose greatest asset is subtlety...
Amen. That also shows quite a bit in Right In Two.
Subtelty has always been a strong point with them, and that combined with cleverness, are some main reasons why I like the band.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I think I know much better than you ever will how Mettalica is. I used to play for 2 years in a Mettalica cover band.



Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:35 PM   #97 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkpb938 View Post
Tool is amazing. They're one of the few bands left whose greatest asset is subtlety...

BTW Crowquill I would prefer that you say in my opinion rather than simply stating what you think is a "fact".

It is your opinion that maynard is a terrible lyricist, and you are entitled to that. However, my opinion is of the contrary and since music is gray area no one can simply state one thing is better than another.
Why should I state in my opinion? The lyrics are cliche, fact, monkey being used as a metaphor for man has been overdone the most recent example of this I can think of is "It's a Hit" by Rilo Kiley. Something being done a lot throughout lyrical history = cliche. That's not subjective, I stated my opinion intelligently and backed it up. Since it's my post it's implied it's my opinion.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:40 PM   #98 (permalink)
Ace
Ad Astra
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 730
Default

Well then, I'm glad that's settled. I would normally agree on the monkey matter being cliche, but the message they convey and the way that they wrote it, seems good to me. I have yet to hear another band compare man's warlike nature, to what happened in Eden. I'm not being biased because I'm a fan, I'm just acknowledging the overall song as a whole. Everyone has different opinions, and if we didn't, it would make discussions quite dull.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I think I know much better than you ever will how Mettalica is. I used to play for 2 years in a Mettalica cover band.



Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:44 PM   #99 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Bob Dylan did it decades ago and they only lightly touch on Eden in that song.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:50 PM   #100 (permalink)
Ace
Ad Astra
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 730
Default

Who lightly touches? And I haven't really heard much of Dylan. Even so, writing on Eden isn't copyrighted or anything. Kinda like Springsteen and his plethora of car songs, along with every other band having atleast one song about being in a car. Topics are going to get old, bands just have to be creative with it.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I think I know much better than you ever will how Mettalica is. I used to play for 2 years in a Mettalica cover band.



Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.