Music Banter - View Single Post - In Rainbows Vs. Icky Thump
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #56 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
Then we must agree to disagree...different strokes an' all that.
Maybe I should listen to In Rainbows more, maybe I'm missing out on something worth listening to more?
I just find that The White Stripes do it for me every time and without much initial listening.
Of course and I would'nt change this for anything. You are not a big rock fan whereas I can get my riff satisfaction from this area, so STRIPES don't sound much different to a lot of other stuff I like and have heard already. I adore the STRIPES approach to music but I can't help but feel that they are just a garage rock band. I would'nt say Radiohead are better than the Stripes at all. They both play different forms of music. Stripes are much more natural and raw but i feel that their music is based on riffs and not enough emotion comes out of their records. I can hear Radioheads pain, discomfort, alienation in their music. I cannot in the Stripes.

As you say different strokes etc. A lot of fans and critics alike love the track RECKONER from IN RAINBOWS. I think it is one of the weakest tracks on the album! I think i'm just plain odd really lol.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”