Music Banter - View Single Post - In Rainbows Vs. Icky Thump
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #73 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
They got radio play, but as I've already stated, they can't play 5 bands all day long. They have to farm from some musical cache. So what they played yesterday won't get thrown out. But they started a shift in the industry that stopped those abnds from moving the kind of sales and cash flow that had agents jumping all voer them.
Um, you said all the bands Urban mentioned got radio play you realize he mentioned a lot more than 5 right? I pulled out the only 5 I'd even heard of, 5 which weren't that successful especially in comparison to Linkin Park.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, you're argument is: The stripes had no significant impact because Seether is releasing a new album? and need I remind you of the "compliment" you gave to the stripes for getting rid of Nickleback, Seether, and friends and family?
No my argument is the White Stripes didn't kill post-grunge because A: It was around before and after "Fell In Love with a Girl" and "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" (the songs you cited as the killers of it) and B: there were bands and genres that got much more radio play (bumping post-grunge off the frequently played list) than "garage rock" bands like the Strokes, Stripes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc.