Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles
Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 07:13 PM   #476 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofthefab4 View Post
You are Very *WRONG* and biased and closeminded but it really doesn't matter that much because most musicians including many well known ones recognize that Paul McCartney was the most virtuoso and great multi-instrumentalist of The Beatles! His father was a self taught accomplished jazz musician and leader of his own band that were popular in clubs in the 1930's and Paul's father was the leader of the band,Jim Mac's band and he wrote some instrumental music too! Those lists mean a lot when many other bass greats like Stanley Clarke,Sting,Will Lee,Billy Sheehan John Sarratt etc all say that Paul McCartney is one of the best bass players ever! And the lists show most people agree!
What the bloody hell does his father have to do with how good of a musician Paul is? Being a super talented musician doesn't mean as much as being a good songwriter. Who's more known Bob Dylan or Steve Vai? Bob Dylan, who's the better musician? Well obviously Steve Vai, but does that make him better? Nope, George Harrison proved with his solo albums to be a much more capable songwriter than McCartney. He wrote a bunch of great songs sure but that's because he had Harrison and Lennon with him. Paul's solo career has been pretty laughable.

Quote:
On Wikipedia The Fre online encyclopedia which is just one of many sources,it defines Paul McCartney as one of the best singers,song writers
That's something that is completely subjective and isn't up for wikipedia to decide.

Quote:
and an award winning multi-instrumentalist but it does describe George as a muslti-instrumentalist!
Okay...so they're both multi-instrumentalist. That puts them on a level playing field.

Quote:
And you are wrong Paul McCartney's Band On The Run,Tug Of War,Chaos and Creation In The Back Yard,Memory Almost Full,and others have been highly acclaimed and popular,and Rolling Stone who had underrated and criticized Paul's second solo album Ram when it came out in 1971,now say that Paul's first two solo albums,McCartney and Ram are excellent and underrated!
Rolling Stone is a joke and Harrison albums still sold more and are held in higher esteem by much more credible sources.

Quote:
Paul McCartney has been in The Guiness World Book Of Records since October 1979 as The Most Successful and Covered Composer of All Time Not George Harrison!
So what? All your little Beatles fun facts really don't mean much. Just because you're covered a lot doesn't make you better than somebody else. Green Day has been covered way more thank Frank Zappa are you going to go on and say Green Days better? Also All Things Must Pass was the most successful Beatles solo album ever.

Quote:
And Geoff Emerick one of The Beatles innovative recording engineers criticized George Harrison's guitar playing in his book that came out last year,Here THere And Everywhere My Life Recording The Beatles and also recognizes that Paul is the better all around musician!
And his opinion means what? Harrison is an excellent guitar player. He's the man who wrote While My Guitar Gently Weeps and though he didn't play it it's generally considered one of the best solos ever. McCartney didn't write a guitar piece that iconic did he?

Quote:
It's Paul playing that great lead guitar on George's Taxman and he plays that great bass too! AS I said he plays great lead on Another Girl and Ticket To Ride Too! Deny it all you want most people know the truth!
Yeah I never said he played on them now did I?

Quote:
George and John and Paul for that matter are all underrated as gitarists!
I disagree with that, I think they're all rated pretty fairly guitarist wise.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote