Music Banter - View Single Post - Hitler
Thread: Hitler
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

actually this thread reminds me of the whole chaos theory thing. The theory that any given input will have a completely random output, and the slightest event could cause major disturbances down the road. It's a huge in depth thing, and it's really pretty complicated. The basic jist of it is that every outcome is random, and cannot be predicted, but this has been disproven with some albeit very strange, but proven, laws of physics. What a chaos theorist would call chaos, a physicist would call proven and viable cause and effect. But then of course even with very advanced physics it gets hard to predict the outcome of a given event with the uncertainty principle, which basically states that by observing a particle, we alter its state, so we can never predict its patterns and behaviour accurately enough to develop a model to predict the future. Anyways I'm getting ahead of myslef, and kind of off topic, so i'll stop here. But what got me going on and on like that was the whole chaos theory thing, and part of that is that it's impossible to predict the outcome of any given event, no matter how small. Which is true in a way, but physics is able to predict the outcome of events on a certain scale, but then when you get in to individual particles, you have to deal with the uncertainty principle thing, which muddles everything up.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote