Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Person Ever
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #68 (permalink)
Predator
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonald View Post
And don't compare pedophilia with homosexuality, they are completely different. Just b/c homosexuality has come to be accepted does not mean that pedophilia will.
I am not comparing homosexuality to pedophilia. I am simply stating what I found while researching a project. 50 years ago society generally viewed both in the same light. Some people still do today. Homosexuality was once viewed as a mental disorder. The general social view was that pedophiles and homosexuals wanted nothing more than to harm your children. Today we know this is not the case. Our social views have changed for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
What does make it right? Ultimately what dictates whether or not a person's actions were right or wrong is the decision YOU make, which is just as biased as the judgments of the person in question.

So, just because a pedophile believes his actions to be right, you think they're wrong, I think any judgment is arbitrary, there's no way for any of us to prove his opinion to the others.
This is true. Our own upbringing and morals dictate what we see as right and wrong. A child that is raised in an abusive home is more likely to become an abuser. That same person is also likely to see nothing wrong their abuse. A child raised by alcoholics is likely to become an alcoholic and see it as normal. A child that is sexually abused may grow up with no thought that it was and is wrong. Our general social views say that pedophilia is wrong and a crime. History does not always tell the same story. At many points a society has seen it as normal for men to only have sex with women to reproduce. Young children were there for general sexual pleasure. It is disgusting and wrong, but they did not see it that way.

I be a lunatic

The answer is hidden in plain view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote