Music Banter - View Single Post - My taste in music is better than yours...
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #79 (permalink)
the-ceej
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by achoo View Post
it's like this: i don't know much, very little (sadly) about visual art. i know i sometimes look at something and am blown away and thats all that matters, if the heart is on the canvas i'm game. but if someone who was educated in the world of art wanted to teach me what makes something better by explaining the history of art, different techniques i feel my opinion would change and become more intelligent. (whatever intelligence is, but you know).

same thing goes for food and music.

whether a band is good or not depends on their integrity. what they are trying to achieve. is it creative? does it push the boundaries at all? does it offer anything that another band might not? otherwise, whats the ****ing point?

and thats what makes nickleback bad.

somethign like that anyway. i have difficulty articulating my thoughts. but i'm right nonetheless!!

on a side note: i'm not saying that the arts can be brought down to logic because it is just expression, i just feel some bands and some art are expressing themselves more truly then others. and thus i feel they are better.
So as long as a band is creative, they're good? You really don't care if the music is catchy or anything?

"Yeah that band is so original, I love them... I can't stand listening to them for more than 2 minutes, but they're a great band"
the-ceej is offline   Reply With Quote