Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's greatest common factor
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #74 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
I was just saying why '96 was my favorite year. My original comment started with a by the way. A side road, a tangent if you will. /cite forum name. Ah yes musicbanter. Crazy enough I was inducing music discussion. None of the albums I've mentioned have come out in '96. Nor were any of them math rock or emo. In fact I haven't even mentioned any of my favorite albums because I know most people don't like them. My suggestions were sincere as to what I've noticed people like here and I don't understand why people think that I'm taking from the cream of my tastes or whatever. I'm most definitely am not. And the statement which you've quoted implies that there's no such thing as glory period for music it's really dependent on what's significant to you.

edit:In An AEroplane of over the sea came out in '96 but really never was part of the reason why I love that year because I jsut found that out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
Ridiculous? How so?

Big3 said people for the most part aren't partial to music that comes out when they're little. I said maybe I'm an exception but I'm well endowed in music of the 90s a decade where my age never touched double digits. And I added emphasis by saying '96 has the most music I like. Me saying '96 is the best year is no more ridiculous than you sweating '69-'75.
Well I think I’m being undersold there. I mean I’m suggesting that while Nevermind is a great suggestion, due to the age of the board members, and the reasons I’ve cited, it may not be the easiest sell.

That comment however, was not related to the idea that the suggestions you made were probably not realistic. And this is no insult to him, but if the OP is oojay, I don’t think he’d heard of half of them prior to being here, never mind owning them.

And going back to your earlier post, you can’t cite the message board name in every thread as an excuse to talk about whatever you want. That’s called spam. You can talk about whatever you want on the boards, just not whatever you want in any post you want. I don’t think that’s unreasonable.