Music Banter - View Single Post - Did Malcolm McLaren Invent Punk?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 02:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
ADELE
Account Disabled

Morrissey saw the Pistols at the same gig in Manchester as Tony Wilson and The Buzz****s and many others on that strange night in the seventies including New Order and others and all formed bands as a result but Morrissey took a while to get hold of Marr. That is fact. The Clash put their formation down to the Pistols. Let's get real, the dolls were trying to be the stones and were not punk. The Stooges were more in line with Alice Cooper in fashion (somewhat) but punk exploded with the Pistols. I mean punk music not the word punk or the James dean punk type I mean the genre of music. And McClaren did more then just get Matlock for christ sake, he auditioned them, got them a deal, gigs created the whole thing. I know it isn't easy for some Americans to accept but we Brits invented what we now call punk. We also invented Rave!
I can almost already smell the rage and vitirol coming over the pond from Americans whose authors have convinced them that Talking Heads were a punk band ah ha ha!!!! let me have it then!
ADELE is offline   Reply With Quote