Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Oasis Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #184 (permalink)
ADELE
Account Disabled

exactly and then the US big ones came in and took over and that is how grannies in Kansas became aware of a music called punk!!!!
They forced their way into the conscious minds of the world because the US record companies thought "we could make cash from this"
EXACTLY!!
virgin branson's label from the UK pushed a band and once they got enough publicity the US big wigs got in on the act and that is why we now have punk rock genre and why it still exists.
CBS then signed the Clash and all rolled from there.
Sorry this is the wrong place but it got going here.
See my point?
would the Ramones (whom I love) have persisted if that had not happened or would any of them?
That was an act of genius wasn't it my learned friends?
EMI signed them and then it all took off around the world. What would have become of it had it not been for the pistols? At least they split as punk and didn't then go into whatever was the next fashion Madonna style.
Jesus created world Christianity while religion always existed and the pistols cretaed punk while music always existed.
But Jesus did it through the Romans who had the money to build churches and the pistols did it through record compaines who had money to market their stuff.
I need a kip!!!
ADELE is offline   Reply With Quote