Music Banter - View Single Post - The Smut and Sadism of Rock
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Predator
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
Pointing the finger at artistic expression is an inadequate way of absolving yourself of parental responsibility.
There will always be garbage out there and if you can't communicate with your children about it perhaps THAT'S what you should be worried about, not the lyrics to a hip hop song.
Exactly. All to often parents, politicians, religious leaders and so on want to blame everything but themselves. Johnny stole a car so he must have gotten the idea from a video game. Billy robbed a store and shot the clerk, he must have gotten the idea from a rap star. Sarah sleeps with everyone she meets, it must be that hip hop song. Why can't anyone take responsibility? If my kids knock off a 7-11, its because I failed at teaching them what is right and wrong. It was me that failed to teach them responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
Even at the time all those stickers did was ensure sales of the CD.
You have to consider the stores that either will not sell music with the stickers or won't sell it to minors. I went into many stores that would not sell me music with the sticker. There are plenty of stores that will not sell anything with the sticker.

I be a lunatic

The answer is hidden in plain view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote