Music Banter - View Single Post - My son listens to disturbed
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 09:15 AM   #76 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Okay, my son listens to Disturbed, Trapt, System of a Down, and Linkin Park.

I, personally, can't stand Disturbed, the vast majority of Trapt, and Linkin Park's new album is probably one of the worst things I've ever heard. SOAD is alright.

How can I make my son stop listening to these bands? Especially Disturbed.

I can't kill him, so I think I need to find something to replace those bands. Something extraordinarily better. I don't know how far I'll get him away from this "pop" radio music style, but I'd like to try. Also, no heavy metal.

It's really annoying to talk to him about music, I really need some help. He's in seventh grade and it's pretty vital to him that the music is "cool" and not "emo".

There's gotta be soemthing out there, right?

Thanks if you try to help.
if you want to bridge the gap you're going to have to make the first move. his music is how he identifies himself. to try to force him to listen to your 'old' stuff isn't going to fly. check around the net for interviews with the bands you listed. find out who their specific influences are then introduce them to it using the fact that you read an interview with one of the band members who claims their life was changed after hearing a specific album. a few google searches should get you setup.

if all you want is a band name from your own adolescence that he might dig on also go with nine inch nails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,