Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop, is it corporate garbage or does it have it's merits?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #193 (permalink)
Oomph!
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
That it's plastic garbage is your worthless opinion; that they like it because of how it makes them appear is a baseless accusation rooted in very little genuine reality at all.
It's not a baseless opinion it's reallity, open your eyes and look at the world (Do you live in the US?) Watch some TV it's pretty obvious.

Quote:
THEY'RE NOT DEDICATED MUSIC FANS! What part of that do you NOT understand? Most people listen to music to fit a certain mood, situation or occasion. They have no interest in music beyond that.
And that's why the music SUCKS!

Quote:
Get a blinkin' clue. Since they have no interest in music beyond that...

...Your tastes are no better than anybody else's.
I actually DO have an interest in music beyond all of that BS which would on some level make my tastes, yes, better.

I mean, are my little doodles I draw in school just as good as Van Gough even though he invested passion and interest into his art (alot more that I do into mine)?

If so then why do his painting sell for millions but I couldn't pay someone to take mine? Because that's what art is for, passion and expression and pop music defecates on that principal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post

Now lets have a look at your top 10 favourite bands and see what you are doing to further the cause of independent music away from these big bad evil corporations...

1. Oomph! - As it's been stated EMI & Sony
2. Metallica - Sony
3. Godsmack - UMG
4. Static- X - Warners
5. Rammstein - UMG
6. Strapping Young Lad - Century (Virgin / EMI)
7. Rob Zombie/White Zombie - Geffen
8. Coal Chamber - Warners
9. Die Krupps - Warners
10.Pantera - Warners

Yeah , way to stick it to the man.
And still you refuse to read my posts. I've said this countless times, there is a difference between being recognised and being used as a watered down puppet to sell to a bunch of sheep. None of those bands are mainstream corporate giants, Metallica is a highly revered metal band which is different, but none of those bands are pandering to a cultural meme or image or creating lack luster music for the purpose of selling as much as possible.
Oomph! is offline   Reply With Quote