Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop, is it corporate garbage or does it have it's merits?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #199 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomph! View Post
That wasn't a groundless declaration, it was in response to the notion that people who listen to mainstream music aren't tremendously interested in music, which is the REASON my taste in music is 'better'; because I actually do care, quite a lot.
no kid, your taste is your own. period. it's not better, or more righteous, or anything except your own. same as someone who thinks fergie or akon is great, it's their taste. it's not wrong, it's not worse, it's just different.

it's a very safe bet that the LARGE majority of mainstream music fans really don't care about the music so long as they can sing along to it. you want to think the music you listen to isn't corporate or contrived because it's not on the radio well, CQ and UH are providing ample examples that it's not the case. but for most people pop music is like a background soundtrack for their everyday lives. some people like to let it happen, others like to grab the wheel and chose their own path. neither is better than the other.

it's not like metallica and pantera are bad bands, but when you can find their stuff at absolutely any record store you're not going to convince anyone that it's not mainstream.

just accept that you like mall metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote