Music Banter - View Single Post - Where is the line between sell-out and talentless nobodies?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #97 (permalink)
Oomph!
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
actually i'd wager it's the 2nd biggest actively pushed market out there. just behind pop.
Nope, Rap is.
Then Country.
Then:
Quote:
adult contemporary / baby boomer garbage is probably bigger but they don't need to market that, old folks will just go out and get it.
Quote:
the angry adolescent market
Is not an enourmous market, it exists but it's not really that big (Angry teenage kids listen to Gangta Rap as much as they listen to, if not more so than, heavy metal)

Quote:
it's a HUGE market and once you know how to spot them you'll see them everywhere. it's all about being 'unique' just like everyone else.
I go to a highschool and I can assure you, the market you speak of is not that big. There are depressed white kids who listen to mainstream emo crap, the angry kids, even most of the white ones, listen to either rap or pop-punk. Not that many kids are head bangers and they aren't some neat little tidy stereotyped package ready to be exploited by a market, most of them are just normal kids.
Oomph! is offline   Reply With Quote