Music Banter - View Single Post - I am an uneducated American who supports the war for no good reason
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #58 (permalink)
Predator
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Are you actually citing a poll that is a year and a half old on a baised web site? Do you have anything newer from a more reputable source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Yeah the Iraqi Death Count is like between 80,000 and 90,000. Quite a large number.
It is a large number, but how many were killed direct result of U.S. action. You can say that a car bomb was caused by us for being there in the first place, but I want to know how many were lost to our troops. On top of that, I would also like to know how many were not involved in militant activities that were a direct threat to the soldiers that killed them.

You can't discount any death, but I would like to point out that it is estimated that over 80 million lives were lost in world war 2. A large percentage (more civilians than soldiers) were civilian. Take away the estimated 10 million Jews that died in the holocaust and the 17 million killed due to Japan's policies in Asia and you are still left with 53 million lives lost. Was WWII unjust? Should we have stayed out of that one to?

I be a lunatic

The answer is hidden in plain view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote