Music Banter - View Single Post - Les Rythmes Digitales
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Not to my ears.
Are you kidding? Outside of "Hustler" SMD is pure 90s. The whole album is super gimmicky.

Quote:
Yes I have actually, it's bolded...plus I gave an example of what the album reminded me off. Daft punk don't remind me of cheesy dance music. I don't see anything Big beat about Darkdancer but if that's a Big beat album, then every electro act with a dance beat is a big beat act, including DP, so I'm not sure your analogy works. :\
Really? "One More Time" doesn't remind you of cheesy dance music? Because, as big a DP fan as I am, that song strikes me as a hell of a lot cheesier than anything on Darkdancer. It's tacky, almost.

I think you and I have very different definitions of what Big Beat is. I don't really see Chem Bros, etc. as the "quintessential" Big Beat group, because it extends much further than that.

Quote:
Ok, I still hear the cheesy synth and vocals though, I can't think of any Fatboy slim songs that sound like that.
Did you listen to the whole album or just the first song? Because much of the album has the Hip-Hop, Electro, and Breaks influences that Fatboy Slim (and Big Beat) is known for.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote