Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Rap Artists
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #72 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
I'm saying I don't like 2Pac, and I don't think he's very good. But a lot of people disagree, and tried to imitate him, so he's influential. But not very good in my opinion. And we're talking about what we think about his music. Not how influential he was.
When an artist is as influential as Tupac and their influence has even outspread just music you have to take that into account when discussing their music.

I think his music is fantastic and he released two of the greatest hip hop albums ever and a few other good ones. You think he has "Mediocre flow, mediocre production...Bad voice..." but excellent lyrics. The problem with that is production is pretty objective but matious and I both agree its fine. I don't see what's wrong with his flow/voice at all and the only thing I could see wrong with it is you not liking it which doesn't make it bad now does it? It just means it's not your cup of tea for whatever reason.

Quote:
@Matious:
Citing one song doesn't prove your point. They're more accomplished because they do a lot of different things with their voices and flows. Snoop Dogg, Biggie and many others still sell huge amounts of records today.
Um, Tupac's voice is fine and you're making him out to sound like microsoft sam or something which is pretty far from accurate.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote