Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Artist: Round 2: Poll C
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 07:03 PM   #36 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
And what are you contributing? Right now you're trolling your own thread.
You seem to have a very warped concept of what trolling is. If I was trolling my own thread my post would just consist of "LOLS SMASHING PUMPKIN SCUKCS111" and not provided any argument whatsoever. Which I'm doing and you're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by British_pharaoh View Post
I wans't comparing as such I was placing Siamese Dream in amongst a few random memorable and brillaint albums of the 90's

I never said either were inferior
but you were insinuating in your posts that somehow Smashing Pumpkins should be penalised for being less original and innovative than Beck (I'm not saying that's what you strictly meant but that's how it came across)
now would you care to respond to the rest of my post instead of dodging the more difficult opinions I made

Never did I make this thread about who was more important
I stated the Smashign Pumpkins' Siamese Dream album should be regarded as just as important as other great albums released in the 90's
How is it just as important? Maybe you should explain this before you make such claims because I don't see it as anything more than your typical 90s alternative guitar rock album and I hardly think it deserves to be placed next to Odelay or Loveless. Slanted & Enchanted, Ten, Nevermind (ignoring the impact factor), and the Blue Album sure because those are championed as classics but not necessarily innovative or groundbreaking ones.