Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Artist: Round 2: Poll C
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I don't see how its much different than all the 90s alternative guitar rock, British Pharaoh seems to have no problem with me saying its unoriginal in fact you agreed with him when he said they should be praised for doing the same thing as their contemporaries and standing out while doing it. Weird how you're saying something different now.
I just said hes right about his overall point, which is that a bands originality dosen't matter if they stand out among their comtemporaries. That is very true. But thats all I was agreeing with.

Quote:
I never said they were, just more original.
You seemed to be trying to make the point that originality = importance.

Quote:
Who else sounds like the Fall of Troy?
Who else sounded like The Smashing Pumpkins before The Smashing Pumpkins?

Quote:
Yeah but we're not comparing a fairly unknown act to a popular one. We're talking Beck and The Smashing Pumpkins.
And originality dosen't give Beck any kind of edge, it all boils down to personal preference, thats it, I'm also pretty sure the Pumpkins are more influencial, you may hate most of these bands they influenced, but I'd say that makes them more important than how original they were.

Beck is also more original than Nirvana, but he sure as hell ain't more important.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.