Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Artist: Round 2: Poll C
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #94 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
You say all of the 90s alt rock scene, I say I can't think of ONE f*cking band from that scene that sounded like the Pumpkins. My Bloody Valentine? Is that the best you can come up with? Thats freaking hillarious. Just because a band is influenced by someone dosen't mean they are ripping them off, the Pumpkins sound nothing like My Bloody Valentine.

And as I already said that is an incredibly vague term, it can apply to everyone from Robert Plant to Johnny Rotten to any Emo band singer.

Have you considered that maybe thats just the way Corgan sings? I asked you a simple question, who sounded like Billy Corgan before Billy Corgan? You have yet to give a straight answer.

You bring Led Zeppelin up all the time so why not? You're obsessed with the guy and you're making it out now that in order to be a credible artist you HAVE to be original.
I already stated I'm not going to argue with you if you're going to be completely illogical and refuse to agree with anything I say and just state the exact opposite. So yeah I'm not going to respond to this. I exaggerated with my initial bashing of the Smashing Pumpkins because frankly British_Pharaoh was being annoying Siamese Dream is a solid album I admitted that.