Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Pick an artist
Beach Boys, The 10 23.26%
Fall of Troy, The 8 18.60%
Smashing Pumpkins, The 8 18.60%
Yes 10 23.26%
Wire 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #91 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

I've responded to all of this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Who sounded like Smashing Pumpkins before them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
If it wasn't for Iha being their guitarist you wouldn't have been able to tell them from the rest of the 90s alternative rock scene. Not to say Iha made them mindblowingly different he just set them apart. They still weren't much different than some stuff on Loveless I really don't see how they were so super original and singular like you're all making them out to be.
Quote:
Who else sounded like Billy Corgan at the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
as for the Corgan point his voice may be unique in itself but his whiny/scream vocal styling was a 90s trademark.
Quote:
What makes Elliot Smith so damn original in comparison?
Okay this is relevant how? I didn't even compare Elliott to the Smashing Pumpkins or bring him up in this thread once.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 04-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #92 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
If it wasn't for Iha being their guitarist you wouldn't have been able to tell them from the rest of the 90s alternative rock scene. Not to say Iha made them mindblowingly different he just set them apart. They still weren't much different than some stuff on Loveless I really don't see how they were so super original and singular like you're all making them out to be.
You say all of the 90s alt rock scene, I say I can't think of ONE f*cking band from that scene that sounded like the Pumpkins. My Bloody Valentine? Is that the best you can come up with? Thats freaking hillarious. Just because a band is influenced by someone dosen't mean they are ripping them off, the Pumpkins sound nothing like My Bloody Valentine.

Quote:
as for the Corgan point his voice may be unique in itself but his whiny/scream vocal styling was a 90s trademark.
And as I already said that is an incredibly vague term, it can apply to everyone from Robert Plant to Johnny Rotten to any Emo band singer.

Have you considered that maybe thats just the way Corgan sings? I asked you a simple question, who sounded like Billy Corgan before Billy Corgan? You have yet to give a straight answer.

Quote:
Okay this is relevant how? I didn't even compare Elliott to the Smashing Pumpkins or bring him up in this thread once.
You bring Led Zeppelin up all the time so why not? You're obsessed with the guy and you're making it out now that in order to be a credible artist you HAVE to be original.

Last edited by boo boo; 04-24-2008 at 06:00 PM.
boo boo is offline  
Old 04-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #93 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

I vote Yes because I'm a stupid old Hippie and The Smashing Pumpkins are ****. The Fall of Troy are great musicians but bore the ass off me. The Beach Boys hold a certain reverence amongst critics and I respect that but Im not a huge fan. Wire are an unknown quantity I'm Afraid.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline  
Old 04-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #94 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
You say all of the 90s alt rock scene, I say I can't think of ONE f*cking band from that scene that sounded like the Pumpkins. My Bloody Valentine? Is that the best you can come up with? Thats freaking hillarious. Just because a band is influenced by someone dosen't mean they are ripping them off, the Pumpkins sound nothing like My Bloody Valentine.



And as I already said that is an incredibly vague term, it can apply to everyone from Robert Plant to Johnny Rotten to any Emo band singer.

Have you considered that maybe thats just the way Corgan sings? I asked you a simple question, who sounded like Billy Corgan before Billy Corgan? You have yet to give a straight answer.



You bring Led Zeppelin up all the time so why not? You're obsessed with the guy and you're making it out now that in order to be a credible artist you HAVE to be original.
I already stated I'm not going to argue with you if you're going to be completely illogical and refuse to agree with anything I say and just state the exact opposite. So yeah I'm not going to respond to this. I exaggerated with my initial bashing of the Smashing Pumpkins because frankly British_Pharaoh was being annoying Siamese Dream is a solid album I admitted that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 04-24-2008, 06:50 PM   #95 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Just as long as you admit you're copping out.

Also I can't believe Yes is winning this. =O
boo boo is offline  
Old 04-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #96 (permalink)
;)
 
cardboard adolescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 3,502
Default

I can't believe Wire is losing
cardboard adolescent is offline  
Old 04-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #97 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Think Uv A Numbah, Devide It By Two!!!!!!!
boo boo is offline  
Old 04-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #98 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
British_pharaoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I already stated I'm not going to argue with you if you're going to be completely illogical and refuse to agree with anything I say and just state the exact opposite. So yeah I'm not going to respond to this. I exaggerated with my initial bashing of the Smashing Pumpkins because frankly British_Pharaoh was being annoying Siamese Dream is a solid album I admitted that.
what because I challenged you with my own thoughts and opinions?

if that stresses you out then maybe music forums arent for you

maybe you could start a music concentration camp instead
__________________
"I hate Purity, I hate Goodness, I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt to the bones"

Fat Ed's Guide To Metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfdqV_sqal0
British_pharaoh is offline  
Old 04-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #99 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British_pharaoh View Post
what because I challenged you with my own thoughts and opinions?

if that stresses you out then maybe music forums arent for you

maybe you could start a music concentration camp instead
More so because you went "It's better the Smashing Pumpkins winning than the Fall of Troy" which was ridiculous because.

1. The Smashing Pumpkins were in the lead.
2. The Fall of Troy weren't even close to being in the lead.
3. I didn't even mention the Fall of Troy, I mentioned the Beach Boys.

It was basically one of your useless comments thats posted merely to goad people and really doesn't have much to it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 04-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #100 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

And you didn't do that by saying it was ridiculous that The Pumpkins are winning?

I prefer Pumpkins to the Beach Boys, maybe other people do as well, ever thought of that? If you can't tollerate different opinions then why do you even bother making these polls?
boo boo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.