Music Banter - View Single Post - Astrology
Thread: Astrology
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #34 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
I believe that at some point in time, somebody came to the realization that many human beings are ruthfully gullible creatures, so he/she decided to cash in on that stupidity and it all snowballed into yet another big fat global scam.
like organized religion and mainstream media? televangelists, political 'consultants', the pope, etc.

if that's the only way astrology can be considered then i'd totally agree with you guys that it's rubbish.

i just find it interesting that there are common elements within astrological profiles that seem to correlate with certain aspects in the personalities of the people born within those specific periods. i've never read a profile that detailed me 100% but there have always been some common elements that i just can't deny that are specific to my sign. environmental factors in your upbringing will obviously alter your development and affect your personality as you mature.

like i said in an earlier post those who use astrology as a crutch to validate their behavior are usually just using it to cover their insecurities and inability to take ownership of themselves. i like using it as a source of information to better understand my subconscious behavior from a perspective that is neither rooted in science or religion, mind you it's not the only perspective i use to consider my psyche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote