Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #1068 (permalink)
ProggyMan
Reformed Jackass

Quote:
Meters, decibals, knobs with little numerical gradation on them.
Are you joking with this ****? You don't think guitar distortion and bass can be measured?
Talk about low reading comprehension. Reread his post. He's not talking about them not being measurable, he's saying they don't have a measurable value.

Quote:
And who programs that machine to produce the sound?
He's saying that that's a stupid way to measure music because according to you you can just add sound for the sake of adding sound and it will be objectively good.

Quote:
An electric guitar is a machine, a synthasizer is a machine. Just because the synth is programmed doesn't devalue the effect of the produced sound.
Once again, you're misreading his posts to the point of ridiculousness.

Quote:
Exept for the part in which you can actually measure it and objectively conclude that one sound is 'weaker' than the other.
How? What is good in music varies person to person.

Quote:
Itsy bitsy spider Vs. Beethoven.
Prove to me that Beethoven is better using scientific method.

Quote:
If someone disputes the Earth being round it's no longer a fact just because they are stubborn morons?
You're making ridiculous comparisons. Thinking the earth is round has nothing to with personal preference.

Quote:
I could probably give you more experimentaion and variety on a single Oomph album than in the Beatles entire catalogue. Oomph uses more layers of complex synthesized bass, treble, ambeince, guitar riffs and drum beats in a single song than the beatles have exhibited in thier lifetime.
But these have all been used together before...

Quote:
As far as Godsmack is concerned, they don't have as much variety as the Beatles but that doesn't mean they have no variety. They have straight forward alternative metal, acoutstic, tribal drumming, vocal ballads (the songs 'Serenity' and "hollow")
Good for you! The Beatles still have more diversity, so...

Quote:
That said, the beatles are just different shades of the same suck. Varied lameness is still lame.
Without the Beatles Godsmack wouldn't be anything close what they are now.

Quote:
Except I have all four and the acoustic EP
READING COMPREHENSION!!! He's talking about the Beatles.

Quote:
False dichotomy
Seeing as you've never heard any Beatles other than Please Please Me...

Quote:
I have nothing against soul music, not my cup of tea but still more passionate that ****ty pop trash.
You really doubt the Beatles passion?
[/QUOTE]
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote