Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Artist: Round 2: Poll M
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
Civic Depreciator
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Ah, this is like a smorgishboard of wrong.
Nice.

Quote:
For one, you need to accept that its just peoples opinions, and two its been explained to me that this is about preference.
You know, I already responded to this once. If you want to see, it's hanging out in the Best Artist: Round 2: Poll M thread.
Quote:
Also. If this was about greatness, King Crimson would be indeed the most deserving. They are more influencial than both Metallica and The Doors. Popularity dosen't = influence.
Well that's just my opinion! (If you didn't take the hint, I'm being sarcastic).
Quote:
Metallica were important in the trash metal scene.
Really? I've never heard of the trash metal scene. Perhaps you could enlighten me.
Quote:
But King Crimson pretty much started the whole prog rock revolution. There were several artists who were very vital in influencing the genre including The Mothers of Invention and The Moody Blues.
Bill Haley started the rock revolution. What's your point?
Quote:
But it was King Crimson that defined prog.
Pink Floyd.

Quote:
And whats wrong with Elliott Smith? Sure he's nothing innovative, but he was a solid songwriter who made some great Beatles-esque tunes.
I've got nothing against Elliott. In fact, I think he's a wonderful artist. In the big picture, it's a very different story. Look at the competition.

I think your misinterpreting me. I love King Crimson and Elliott Smith. I just think that The Doors and Metallica were more important and better bands than the others.