Music Banter - View Single Post - Really dumb genre discussion, go....
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slint View Post
Yes Beck's earlier stuff was lo-fi, his prime stuff. This would definitely make him a lo-fi artist. Half of his albums are lo-fi, which would push him over the edge. About the live video, I couldn't find a regular recording of it on YouTube, so I did the best I could with that song. Listen to the original version since you need further proof. Yes, lo-fi is in fact a genre. I already explained this. If it purely had to do with recording style, why aren't 60's garage rock bands and 70's punk bands considered lo-fi? Because it's a genre, that's why. Sure, Fun may be more polished than his previous recordings. But it isn't slicked up to be user-friendly. Both Fun and the bands I listed are lo-fi, get over it.
Lo-fi isn't a genre of music, it's all about record quality. People DO describe primitive recording quality that bands like the Adverts used as lo-fi, I don't know what rock you've been under. I would argue further but since all you can do is repeat yourself I'll just pull a you and go: LOLOLOLOL get over it!
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote